Cloth Diaper Care 101
Before first use
Before first use
We recommend washing the diapers and inserts twice before using them for the first time. This allows the fabric to gain maximum absorption and to get rid of the sewing threads that would have remained stuck during manufacturing.
Close the velcros on their flaps after use. Place soiled diapers in a laundry basket or an open wet bag for soiled diapers. Wash the diapers every 2-3 days. Do not soak or rinse diapers during this process as they should remain as dry as possible. If you rinse your diapers, you should hang them to air dry and wash them within the following 24 hours.
- Note that it is not necessary to remove the inserts before washing our diapers; they will come out automatically due to the double opening pocket.
- Do not soak the diapers. They must be kept dry.
- A good storage solution should leave no odor. It is preferable to store the soiled diaper in an open bag to not create humidity problems nor persisting odors.
Rinse with cold water
Helps get rid of any residue.
Regular wash cycle
Warm water cycle (40º). Do not put too much water in the washer. The diapers must rub against each other.
If you have hard water, do not rinse a second time; use a powder detergent instead.
1. Does not contain fabric softener.
2. Do not use baby detergent, as it is not concentrated enough to properly wash the diapers.
We recommend using the dryer to dry the inserts, diapers and covers the vast majority of the time. This step tightens the threads and “reseals” the Polyurethane Laminate (PUL) that covers the outer fabric (the waterproof membrane). Be careful to not to manipulate them when they are hot and not to overdry them! You can also lay your diapers flat to dry.
You may occasionally hang your inserts and diapers outdoors to dry them since the sun is a whitening agent and has antibacterial properties but please note that hanging your diapers and covers outside can dry the rubber bands (elastics) and wear them out prematurely in which case the warranty is no longer applicable.